Looking for Whiter Teeth?
Brushing and flossing daily, and visiting your dentist regularly for professional cleanings help keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright. If you want even whiter teeth, the DFW dental office of Dr. Debra Seznik has a number of teeth whitening options to offer you, including In-Office Teeth Whitening in our Dallas office and At Home Whitening.
For both approaches, we use Opalescence® tooth whitening systems because they deliver the best results of all the tooth whiteners we’ve tested, and are uniquely available in a range of concentrations. This enables Dr. Seznik to customize treatment for each patient’s individual sensitivity; tolerance level; desired outcome; time frame, and the condition of their mouth, teeth and gums. Opalescence comes in 15%, 20%, and 35% concentrations.
Chair-Side Teeth Whitening in our Dallas – Irving Office
If you’re looking for the quickest, most dramatic results, we offer an in-office teeth whitening procedure that will noticeably whiten your teeth in about an hour. This chemically-activated teeth whitener is administered by the dentist. During the whitening procedure in our Dallas office, Dr.Seznik will first apply a protective gel to your gums to shield soft oral tissues. The whitening agent is then applied to your teeth. You can be assured that the chemical agent is safe and effective because it has earned the ADA Seal of Acceptance. It also has the added advantage of strengthening your tooth enamel, which decreases sensitivity and helps prevent cavities. Your teeth may become sensitive during treatment, but this should go away when treatment is complete. Your teeth may become even brighter and white with additional visits.
At Home Teeth Whitening
If you live in the Dallas area and you’re looking for a take-home teeth whitening system, the Opalescence program — available only from a dentist — is safe, effective and totally customizable.
At home teeth whitening is a lower-cost approach than having your teeth whitened in our Dallas office, and it can be very effective, although it does take more time. The benefits of the Opalescence take-home program are:
- The formulation will be customized for you. Depending on how healthy your teeth and gums are, how sensitive your teeth are, how much increased sensitivity you can tolerate, and how quickly you’re looking for results, Dr. Seznik will control the concentration of the whitening agent in the gel for the exact right balance of comfort and results for your individual situation.
- When you come into our Dallas office for your tooth whitening, Dr. Seznik will take an impression of your mouth and create a custom bleaching tray for you, for optimal fit, comfort, coverage and effectiveness.
- The tooth whitener is a thick gel that will adhere to your teeth, providing excellent coverage, equal distribution, a more even result, and will avoid dripping, streaking and oozing onto sensitive gums.
- With regular nightly use, you will see full results in about a week; however, whitening is often noticeable after the first night.
- Some formulations include potassium fluoride which is actually good for your teeth, and can help decrease tooth sensitivity and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Recommended usage for at home teeth whitening — depending on desired results — ranges from twice a day for two weeks to overnight use for one or two weeks. Your teeth may become sensitive during treatment, but this should go away when treatment is complete. Your gums may get irritated if they come in contact with the gel or if you have a tray that does not fit correctly, which is why it’s important to have your dentist custom fit the trays.
Choosing At Home or Teeth Whitening in our Dallas Office
A few factors will affect whether you prefer in-office or take-home teeth whitening. One factor will be how quickly you wish to see results. If you’re in a hurry for maximum results, you may want to choose in-office chemical whitening because of the instant results. If you’re whitening your teeth for a wedding or other important event and have a short window of time, this may be your best bet. In- office is also a good option for anyone who doesn’t want to fuss with trays and gels for a week or more at home. If budgetary considerations are a factor and you’ve got a week or two to see results, then the at-home approach may be perfect for you. And even for at-home teeth whitening, Dr. Seznik will oversee and monitor the process.
What About Whitening Toothpastes?
Toothpastes remove surface stains with mild abrasives. “Whitening” toothpastes with the ADA Seal of Acceptance have chemical or polishing agents that provide even more stain removal effectiveness. However, toothpastes clean but do not change the intrinsic color of your teeth. Whitening solutions that contain peroxide or other chemicals actually bleach the tooth enamel.